5 reasons why you should be business blogging
- To generate awareness in the market of your products/services/your personal brand.
- To make sure your blog (and your business) appears for specific terms on organic search. Search engines love blogs because they’re updated frequently.
- To obtain feedback from your audience (readers, customers, etc.) on new products and services. A blog allows a customer to provide feedback that others can also read and submit additional comments.
- To keep learning. Writing for your blog means researching and keeping up to date with your industry and business trends and news. Then share your knowledge.
- To create and manage your company perception. Get closer to your customers and potential customers. Blogs build relationships and trust by being approachable, open and transparent.
And there are even more reasons to business blog:
- To share your knowledge; give value.
- To be a thought leader.
- To get to know other thought leaders in the space / in your industry.
- To gain on the ‘big guys’ who have big advertising budgets. Blogging is inexpensive.
- Because hopefully good things happen as a result. Maybe you can change the world a little?
- Because your competitors are doing it - don’t be left behind…..
- Because your customers want it. They want to get to know you, they want to offer feedback.
- To build your customer base. They’ve noticed you on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and they want to
know more about who you are and what you do. Your blog is the channel that does this.
- Because your employees read it. So they’re in the loop too.
- To increase your own personal value; a way to self-brand.
- Because it demonstrates to your customers and users that you are capable of adapting and that you are willing to try new things.
- Because it represents a form of transparency that many companies do not have when it comes to their communications.
- Because blogging is a way you can express your opinion.